General Terms and Conditions for Customers (GTC)
Dear visitors and customers, we see ourselves as a community that wants to have a fair, respectful and friendly relationship with each other. We have formulated these GTC to ensure a smooth and enjoyable cooperation.
- Scope of application
- Conclusion of contract
- Payment methods and conditions
- For Vegans Service
- Dispute resolution
- Customer reviews
- Compensation, right of retention
- Final provisions
Nicolay, Lemke & Cichy GbR, Königshütter Str. 23, 40627 Düsseldorf, Germany (hereinafter referred to as "For Vegans") offers an online marketplace (hereinafter referred to as "For Vegans Marketplace") for organic, sustainably produced and exclusively vegan goods on the website www.For-Vegans.com and on the associated application. For Vegans thus offer commercial sellers and buyers (hereinafter referred to as "Participants") the opportunity to sell and purchase a comprehensive range of vegan products.
2. Scope of application
(1) The goods offered on our marketplace are intended exclusively for buyers who have reached the age of 18.
The services performed by us are exclusively based on these General Terms and Conditions. The General Terms and Conditions shall therefore also apply to all future business relations with companies, even if they are not explicitly re-agreed upon. The inclusion of general terms and conditions of a customer which contradict our General Terms and Conditions will be rejected as of now.
Contracts concluded on the For Vegans marketplace entitle and oblige exclusively the participating buyers and sellers, subject to the following provisions. For Vegans themselves only become a contractual partner of a sales contract if own articles are offered for sale.
(2) The contract is available in both German and English.
(3) You can call up and print the currently valid General Terms and Conditions of Business of us and the respective vendor on our website. We do not collect or store the contract. Whether the respective vendor stores the contract can be found in their general terms and conditions.
3. Conclusion of contract and prices
(1) The various offers on the For Vegans marketplace do not represent binding purchase offers. By clicking the button ["Buy now "], you enter a binding purchase offer (§ 145 BGB). Immediately before submitting this order you can check the order again on the order overview page and correct it if necessary.
After receipt of the purchase offer you will receive an automatically generated e-mail from For Vegans confirming that we have received your order (confirmation of receipt). This confirmation of receipt does not represent an acceptance of your purchase offer. A contract is not yet concluded by the confirmation of receipt.
A contract of sale between the participants of the For Vegans marketplace is only concluded when the respective vendor accepts your order bindingly.
(2) The prices listed in the offer at the time of the order apply. The prices listed are final prices, i.e. they include the applicable statutory value added tax and do not include any delivery costs.
4. Payment methods and conditions
(1) The payment settlement for goods purchases takes place exclusively and directly through the payment service offered by For Vegans. The goods offered on the For Vegans marketplace can be paid via different payment methods. For Vegans reserves the right to adapt the offered payment methods at any time.In case of payment by direct debit, a credit check can be carried out by For Vegans before conclusion of the contract. For Vegans can exclude individual payment methods to secure the risk of default.
(2) We offer the following payment methods via our payment service provider Stripe Payments Europe, Ltd., c/o A&l Goodbody, Ifsc, North Wall Quay, Dublin 1, Ireland (hereinafter: "Stripe")
- Credit & debit cards
For all payment methods, you will be redirected to the website of the online provider Stripe during the order process. After placing the order in the shop, we request Stripe to initiate the payment transaction. You will receive further instructions during the order process. The payment transaction will be carried out automatically by Stripe immediately afterwards.
(3) All invoices are issued by the sellers with the indication that payments are processed exclusively via For Vegans.
As a customer, you have a right of withdrawal from commercial vendors within the withdrawal period. The cancellation policies of the retailers from whom the products in question were purchased apply. The cancellation policy can be found in the order confirmation email of orders placed as well as on the specific vendor page at For Vegans. The vendors are subject to the country-specific laws of the consumers regarding the right of withdrawal provisions and warranty obligations.
To exercise the right of withdrawal, the notice can be sent via the customer account. Alternatively, the revocation can be made directly to the vendor. You will find the contact details in the vendor's cancellation policy. You are also welcome to send an e-mail to us at Info@for-vegans.com. We will then forward the cancellation to the vendor(s) concerned. In the event of a cancellation, please do not return the product carriage unpaid, but contact us or the vendor in case of doubt.
Please do not send complaints or returns back to the vendor without prior agreement. If you have a complaint, you can write to us or the vendor directly. Mistakes are human, please kindly give the vendor the opportunity to correct their mistake.
7. For Vegans service
Independent of your contractual rights in relation to the vendor, we offer you the following service in the event of loss of items by post: We will refund the purchase amount including delivery costs if the following conditions are met:
a) You have informed us by e-mail within two weeks after the agreed delivery period that the item has not been delivered and
b) the vendor cannot prove the receipt of the item by submitting a delivery confirmation.
At a later point in time, it is often neither comprehensible for us, nor for the vendor, in which way or form the item has been lost. We cannot refund the purchase price and the delivery costs if you have not reported the non-receipt in time or the vendor can prove the receipt of the item by presenting a delivery confirmation.
8. Dispute resolution
(1) For Vegans values the trust of the participants in the sales made at the For Vegans marketplace. Therefore, For Vegans will try to find a mediation in case of a dispute according to the following regulations:
Every participant is entitled in case of dispute with another participant (e.g. dispute about the faultlessness of a product) to inform For Vegans about the facts by means of a complaint.
For Vegans will then collect the facts and if necessary contact both participants.
For Vegans will then, within two weeks after receipt of the complaint, finally examine the facts and submit a solution proposal to both parties.
In order to submit the proposed solution, For Vegans are entitled to seek legal advice and for this purpose to forward the facts to a lawyer sworn to confidentiality. Obtaining advice is not associated with additional costs for the participants.
(2) Participants have no legal claim to the settlement of a dispute.
(3) In addition, the EU Commission has provided a platform for out-of-court dispute resolution. This gives consumers the opportunity to initially resolve disputes in connection with their online order without having to go to court. The dispute resolution platform can be accessed via the external link http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/.
We will endeavour to resolve any disagreements amicably. Furthermore, we are not obliged to participate in any arbitration proceedings and cannot offer you participation in such a process.
9. Evaluation system
(1) After completing a purchase transaction, you have the opportunity to rate its execution by the seller and the respective product. You are exclusively entitled to use the rating system for this purpose.
(2) You are obliged to give only truthful and factual information in the evaluation, not to make any insults or unreasonably disparaging statements and only to inform about circumstances in direct connection with the respective purchase transaction.
(3) For Vegans will not check the ratings without concrete suspicion.
(4) If a participant is of the opinion that an inaccurate or otherwise inadmissible evaluation has been made about them by another participant, they can contact For Vegans via the email address email@example.com. The author of the evaluation will be informed by For Vegans. For Vegans will ask the author of the rating in question to comment. If the author refuses to change or withdraw their rating, For Vegans will decide at their own discretion whether the rating will continue to appear on the For Vegans marketplace until the admissibility of the rating has been clarified in court.
(5) If a participant violates the mentioned evaluation principles they are obliged to compensate For Vegans for the resulting damage. In particular they are obliged to indemnify For Vegans from claims of third parties which they assert against For Vegans because of an unreasonable evaluation.
(1) For Vegans will endeavour to make the For Vegans marketplace available as uninterruptedly as possible. However, For Vegans does not guarantee a certain availability rate. In particular, no liability is accepted for force majeure, such as server failures of the provider for which For Vegans is not responsible, power failures or manipulations by third parties.
(2) For Vegans is not a contracting party of a purchase transaction between seller and buyer and does not assume any warranty for the object of purchase.
(3) For Vegans does not guarantee that the seller and buyer comply with the legal regulations incumbent on them (e.g. consumer protection rights). However, For Vegans will check the facts in case of a concrete suspicion of a violation of the law by a participant and if necessary, work towards a removal of the violation of the law.
(4) The liability of For Vegans for and in connection with the provision of the For Vegans marketplace, regardless of the legal grounds, is determined by the following regulations:
- For Vegans is liable, for intent and gross negligence as well as in the case of personal injury (injury to life, body and health), without limitation, but for slight negligence only in the case of breach of essential contractual obligations, delay and/or impossibility for which For Vegans is responsible. The liability in case of violation of such an essential contractual obligation is limited to the damage typical for the contract, which For Vegans had to expect at the conclusion of the contract due to the circumstances known at that time. The essential contractual obligations include in particular the provision and enabling of the use of the For Vegans marketplace.
- For Vegans is only liable for the loss of data according to the preceding paragraphs if such a loss could not have been avoided by reasonable data protection measures on the part of the participant.
- For the rest, For Vegans' liability is ruled out. The regulations of the product liability law remain unaffected.
11. Compensation, right of retention
(1) You shall only have a right of compensation if your counterclaim has been legally established, is not disputed or acknowledged by us or is in a close synallagmatic relationship to our claim.
(2) You may only exercise a right of retention if your counterclaim is based on the same contractual relationship.
12. Final provisions
(1) Should one or more provisions of these GTC be or become invalid, this shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions.
(2) Contracts between us and you shall be governed exclusively by German law to the exclusion of the provisions of the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods (CISG, "UN Sales Convention"). Mandatory regulations of the country in which you usually reside remain unaffected by the choice of law.
(3) If you are a merchant, a legal entity under public law or a special fund under public law, our place of business shall be the place of jurisdiction for all disputes arising from or in connection with contracts between us and you.