All the Vegan Drugstore Essentials in One Place
Vegan cosmetics are beauty products that do not contain any animal-derived ingredients and that have not been tested on animals. They don’t contain ingredients such as beeswax, honey, lanolin, collagen or milk. The fact that they are not tested on animals, makes them cruelty-free, so you can shop without bad conscience.
Vegan cosmetics and beauty products are becoming increasingly popular for a number of reasons. Especially the younger generations would rather go the extra mile and make sure that what they are buying and putting on their skin is ethical, and good for their bodies as well as the environment.
But let's address the elephant in the room: Since Vegan cosmetics have become a trend that also the large brands haven’t missed out on, they can be found in a variety of places, including health food stores, supermarkets, and online retailers. Many beauty supply stores and department stores also carry a selection of vegan cosmetics such as makeup. However, we believe that it’s always better to support small independent, local businesses that offer vegan cosmetics, as these are very often handmade with love in small batches and you can be sure that you are not supporting any exploitation.
Here at for-vegans.com you find vegan drugstore items for your daily needs at affordable prices. We pay close attention to only offer you products which correspond to our sustainability and fairness criteria. Of course everything you find here is completely and 100% vegan and has not been tested on animals.
Whether you're looking for household cleaning products or cosmetics and body care products, you can be sure to find what you need in our vegan drugstore. A lot of our products are organic and come without harmful chemicals. On the one hand, this is good for you, as it is easier on your skin and in many cases also suitable for people suffering from allergies, but of course it's also positive for our environment, as there's no pollution.
We also have a selection of vegan dental care products, such as toothbrushes, toothpastes and zero waste dental tabs with fluoride and without fluoride, as well as mouthwashes and accessories for your bathroom.
But that's not all! Condoms and contraceptives are not always vegan due to the casein that they put in the mixture, so here you can find vegan condoms and lubes, so you can enjoy guilt-free moments together with your special someone.
Hygiene products for that time of the month usually don't have a great environmental footprint, which is why we have selected sustainable pads and tampons for you as well as menstruation cups and nappies for babies and toddlers.
We also offer sustainable and recycled toilet paper. This is not only made from recycled resources, but in some cases even from bamboo, an extremely fast-growing raw material. Our vegan toilet paper may come unbleached, but it is always multi-ply and super soft, so you don't have to sacrifice any comfort.
So what are some other benefits of choosing vegan cosmetics?
- No animal testing: Vegan cosmetics are not tested on animals, which means that they are cruelty-free. This is a major benefit for consumers who are opposed to animal testing and want to support companies that do not engage in this unnecessary practice. An easy way to check whether a product is cruelty-free is to check for certifications like "Vegan Society" and "Cruelty-Free International" on the packaging, that confirms that the product is Vegan and cruelty-free. Another easy way to make sure that what you’re buying is vegan and not tested on animals, without having to read labels or go out an look for vegan beauty products specifically, is to buy from a fully vegan shop, like our marketplace.
- Environmentally friendly: Vegan cosmetics are typically made with natural ingredients and do not contain any animal-derived ingredients. This means that they are less likely to harm the environment and are more sustainable since they do not contain microplastic of substances that are harmful to the environment when they get into the water circuit. Instead Vegan cosmetics often contain organic extracts from essential oils, herbs and plants. Take for instance the natural solid soaps by Reddo Terra, whether it’s for itchy scalps of for oily hair, you’ll find a dry soap or shampoo that suits your needs.
- Suitable for sensitive skin: Vegan cosmetics are often made with natural ingredients, which means they are less likely to cause irritation or allergic reactions. This makes them a good choice for people with sensitive skin. Charly Baron Cosmetics is a great example here. Their range or mineral cosmetics are incredibly stylish, yet are 100% skin friendly. Try out their blush, foundations, lipsticks or even mascara.
- Ethical choice: Vegan cosmetics are a more ethical choice for consumers who are opposed to the use of animal-derived ingredients in beauty products. Not only is it more ethical towards the animals who are not exploited, but along the entire production chain, no workers are mistreated or exploited as a lot of vegan beauty products are hand made by small businesses
- Wide range of options: Vegan cosmetics come in a wide range of options for different skin types, including oily, dry, sensitive, and normal skin.
- Inclusivity: Vegan cosmetics are suitable for all genders, unlike some non-vegan alternatives which are gender-specific. A lot of vegan beauty and skin care products are inclusive and thus reach a wider audience and cater to more people.